The Sassy Guide to the City of Light
As an American living in Paris for nearly 9 years, I have plenty of words of wisdom to share about this glorious, yet sometimes frustrating, city. Each weekday this month I will share my thoughts on some of the best stuff to do in Paris. Today's letter, S, is for Sacre Coeur.
I would have a hard time deciding which church I preferred - Notre Dame or Sacre Coeur. Good thing no one's making me. If you're visiting Paris I recommend swinging by both of them. Specifically, here's Vicki's Guide to Sacre Coeur:
- Head up to the cute part of town, Montmartre, where Sacre Coeur lives and wander the streets for an hour or two.
- Climb the steps to Sacre Coeur - don't cheat and take the cable car! The steps are part of the charm.
- Be sure to avoid the creepy guys selling friendship bracelets. If you even let your arm swing out to the side for a second, they'll tie a bracelet on and now you're stuck talking to the dude.
- Admire the view from atop the steps. Snap photos to your heart's content.
- Pop inside the church if you want, but I think the outside is its best side.
- Head over to Refuge des Fondus for dinner. You've earned it!
Check out the full series:
Paris A to Z: A is for Pont Alexandre III
Paris A to Z: B is for Boulangerie
Paris A to Z: C is for Chateau de Vincennes
Paris A to Z: D is for Drinks
Paris A to Z: E is for Eiffel Tower
Paris A to Z: F is for Fondue
Paris A to Z: G is for La Grande Epicerie
Paris A to Z: H is for Haussmann Architecture
Paris A to Z: I is for Ile St. Louis
Paris A to Z: J is for Jim Morrison's Grave
Paris A to Z: K is for Kir Royale
Paris A to Z: L is for The Long Hop
Paris A to Z: M is for Métro
Paris A to Z: N is for Notre Dame
Paris A to Z: O is for Musée d'Orsay
Paris A to Z: P is for Promenade Plantée
Paris A to Z: Q is for Quaint Shops
Paris A to Z: R is for Romance
Paris A to Z: S is for Sacre Coeur
Paris A to Z: T is for Trousseau
Paris A to Z: U is for Un Reve
Paris A to Z: V is for Vin
Paris A to Z: W is for Walking
Paris A to Z: X is for Expats
Paris A to Z: Y is for Court Yards
Paris A to Z: Z is for Zen in the City