Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Very Hungry Zombie vs. The Very Hungry Caterpillar

I love zombies like zombies love brains. (Side note: that sentence is almost a palindrome!) Knowing this, my loving husband bought me The Very Hungry Zombie: A Parody as a Valentine's Day gift. Major points to him, especially since it means he reads my blog (he went off-list but still stuck with the theme, bless him).


The book is as great as I expected it to be, but not quite as great as the original it parodies, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Check out my Zombie vs. Caterpillar face-off over at The Steadfast Reader. Then stick around on her blog to read more of her book reviews, musings, and hilarious guest posts.

(And if you still need a zombie fix after all that, check out these posts.)

Update: Jon Apple, illustrator for The Very Hungry Zombie, and Mike Teitelbaum, author, left a comment on my review on The Steadfast Reader with THE WORLD'S BEST ILLUSTRATION OF A FRENCH ZOMBIE. Sorry for shouting, I'm just so excited! I'm printing it and framing it and putting it on my desk. Check it out: